Sunday 2 July 2017

Introduction

Hello! I'm Emma, and you could definitely describe me as an escape room addict. I first discovered escape rooms in 2015 and I've attempted quite a few since then.

I decided to start this blog for a number of reasons. Firstly, I'm really into research. I love to read loads of reviews and hear about the experiences of other players before I book a room. Secondly, I think most people I know irl are sick of me talking about them, so why not wax lyrical about all things escape online? Thirdly, I thought it would be a fun way to document each room and our experiences.

If you're spoiler-sensitive, don't worry! These reviews won't give anything away. Part of the beauty of escape rooms are the surprises you encounter during each experience.

So, that's my introduction. Now, for those of you who are wondering...

What is an escape room?

Ever seen The Crystal Maze? Escape rooms are pretty much that. You get a team of great minds together - usually as few as two and up to as many as eight - and, basically, get locked in a room for 60 minutes. Using your combined brainpower, you solve all different kinds of puzzles to try and escape from the room.

These puzzles can appear in many different ways. You might have to solve a maths problem, find keys or figure out a visual conundrum to open locks or hidden surprises. Your only contact with the outside world will be your puzzle master, who will give you hints if you need them.

Each room has a unique theme - from Hell to Harry Potter - and a full backstory to boot. Depending on the theme, the rooms are suitable for both older and younger, and don't involve any strenuous physical activity.

Intrigued? Good! I guarantee that once you've done one room, you'll want to try more. I hope you enjoy reading this blog, and can't wait to hear about your experiences too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick Tock Unlock - Hatch

My first escape experience was at Tick Tock Unlock in Leeds in 2015 (and the reason why Tick Tock Unlock will forever be a favourite of mi...